Admissions Open House
We are hosting an Admissions Open House for students entering 4th, 5th and 6th grades next fall on Wednesday, June 7 from 4:30 to 6:00pm.
- Meet our teachers and current parents
- Get a tour from our students
- See how the prepared Montessori learning environment supports the holistic development of children
- Witness children's confidence, capabilities and sense of self
Choosing a school for your child is one of your most important responsibilities as a parent. Explore Lake Country School where children are educated in an environment where:
- their intellectual abilities and self-knowledge grow hand-in-hand
- imagination and curiosity are cultivated
- critical thinking and competencies flourish
- students learn to respect all cultures and all people
- teachers care deeply for the whole person who is their student
Lake Country School began in 1976 offering children from 3 years old through 8th grade a Montessori education in the heart of the Minneapolis Kingfield neighborhood. In addition to our urban campus we have a farm in western Wisconsin which we call the Land School.
Our classrooms feel different from a traditional classroom. Students are at the center of each classroom directing their own activities and learning from one another. Teachers circulate throughout the room, observing and coaching individuals or groups. Our multi-age classrooms promote collaborative learning, a cornerstone of Montessori philosophy, and encourage the development of a strong community.